The opening of the Robert Cizik Eye Clinic was a proud moment for the Ruiz Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Science and a triumph for the Hermann Eye Fund. This outstanding new facility could not have been achieved without the generous support of our many friends and donors.
Learn more about us
The Cizik Eye Clinic (formerly the Hermann Eye Center) opened July 2, 2007 and occupies the 18th floor of the new Memorial Hermann Medical Plaza (MHMP), directly across Fannin Street from our previous location within Memorial Hermann Hospital. The outer walls are glass, and the views of Rice University, Main Street, Downtown, Hermann Park, and the Texas Medical Center are spectacular. The Clinic is designed for function, and is esthetically pleasing with abundant art, attractive furnishings and unique signage. It contains the most sophisticated equipment available for patient care.
The 19th floor houses the Moran Pediatric Eye Clinic with 4 exam lanes which were build specifically for our youngest patients.
The 15th floor of MHMP houses the Memorial Hermann Surgery Center Texas Medical Center. Most outpatient surgery is performed in this new facility but some cases will still require Memorial Hermann Hospital.
Two small certified operating rooms in the Cizik Eye Clinic to help provide surgical care for indigent patients.
The name and location have changed but the mission and goals established in 1977, with the opening of the Hermann Eye Center, remain the same. Thirty-two years later they still are dedicated:
- To provide the best eye care possible in a personalized setting
- To act as a center for the referral of difficult cases
- To care for indigent patients with serious eye problems
- To teach ophthalmology at all levels
- To be innovative in diagnosis and treatment
- To make a flexible environment capable of adapting to change
- To develop basic and clinical research programs
- To provide patient education, rehabilitation and social counseling
- To be fiscally responsible