Occupational Therapy Services
Our expert Occupational therapists work with you in the Center and at your home to enable you to do the most with your remaining vision. Whether your vision loss is from ocular causes like Macular degeneration or Neurological causes like stroke or traumatic brain injury, our OT can help you maximize your functional independence and improve your quality of life. The OT will train you in the use of your residual vision, teach you how to use the low vision devices that the doctor recommends for you, address your risk for falls and work on any difficulties you might have with your activities of daily living. Training may include:
- Use of adaptive equipment
- PRL training: Also known as the “Sweet spot” of your vision. This training involves finding the area of your vision that will allow you to see the best.
- Hemianopia training
- Cooking and other activities of daily living
- Lighting and contrast assessments and recommendations
- Glare management
- Road readiness
- Computer/ cell phone adaptations
- Leisure, recreational and community activities.
- Falls risk assessment